Course Date and Time
March 02, 2020: 9:00am – 5:00pm (Lecture & Exam)
Miyako Sushi & Washoku School – 843 E 4th St, Los Angeles, CA 90013
- Registration will close when course reaches capacity or the enrollment deadline (Feb. 17, 2020) has passed. Please be advised, late registration may incur additional charges for textbook rush order shipment fees.
Prepare yourself for a career in the restaurant, beverage, or food industry with our Certified Sake Adviser course. This course provides the fundamental background knowledge on sake production, history, and types. Students will gain the ability to speak about basic varieties of sake, including popular brands, with confidence.
Note: Students that have obtained Certified Sake Adviser are eligible to enroll in our advanced sake certification course, Certified Sake Sommelier.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
The 1 hour written exam comprises of 100 multiple choice questions covering the textbook and lecture content. Blind tasting exam is not included at the Sake Adviser level.
Note: The examination requires a minimum mark of 75% to pass.
- The history of sake in Japan
- Sake ingredients and brewing processes
- Sake terminology and reading sake production labels
- The principles behind the storage, selection and service of sake
- Overview of sake tasting and analysis
- All students will receive a review guide for course preparation support. We encourage students to contact us in advance of the course if they have questions about their course materials.
Instructor: Sachiko Miyagi
Formerly Director of Marketing at Cedar River Brewing Company in Seattle, Sachiko joined Sake School of America as instructor in June 2018. Her passion for spreading the love of sake started when she realized she could be more than a dedicated consumer of sake while living in Boston, Massachusetts. Her experience working in Japanese restaurants and as a tour guide served her well and she started pursuing certifications in sake in 2014. She is happy to be joining sake educators and professionals who have paved the way and to further the appreciation and knowledge of sake.
International Kikisake-shi, Sake Service Institute International
Certified Sake Educator Level 3, Wine & Spirit Education Trust
Advanced Sake Professional, Sake Education Council
Sake Adviser, Sake Service Institute
Shochu Adviser, Sake School of America