Exam Date and Time
October 11, 2019: 10:00am – 12:45pm
Miyako Sushi & Washoku School – 843 E 4th St, Los Angeles, CA 90013
- $240 For Exam and Textbook
- $200 Additional Certification fee for Certificate and pin for those who successfully pass the exam
Professionals who pass this exam will be well be certified with the highest certification in Sake and Shochu.
Applicants must possess Advanced Sake and Shochu qualifications or have a strong sake background prior to registering for this exam.
The exam comprises 3 parts and covers sake characteristics, production, and blind tasting. Students must pass all 3 sections of the examination in order to achieve the Sake J.S.A. Sake Diploma qualification. Candidates are tested over:
- Written exam – 60 minutes
- Tasting exam – 40 minutes
- Short essay exam – 20 minutes