Full Course Details
- Pass Certified Sake Adviser Exam
- NOTE: Students that attended the Sake Adviser course will receive a $100 discount on the Sommelier course. Please contact us prior to registration in order to receive your discount code. Thank you.
- Pass Comparable Certification Course
- Consult Instructor
Course Date & Time
- October 22, 2018: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- October 23, 2018: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- October 24, 2018 (Exam): see below for exam schedule breakdown
12pm~12:40pm Part 1 [Written]: 40 mins.
12:50pm~2:15pm Part 2 [Written]: 75 mins.
2:25pm~3:25pm Part 3 [Tasting]: 60 mins.
- 15 Hours
- Requirements for Success as a Kikisake-shi
- Alcoholic Beverages: The Basics
- History of Sake
- Ingredients of Sake
- How Sake is Made
- Sake Tasting
- Serving Sake
- Reading Sake Labels
- Exam Date: October 24, 2018
- Part I – General Information
- Part II – Service
- Part III – Blind Tasting
Taisetsu Junmai Ginjo
Kikusui Junmai Ginjo
Hakkaisan Junmai Ginjo
Kubota Manju Junmai Daiginjo
Tamanohikari Junmai Daiginjo
Sharaku Junmai Daiginjo
Born Gold Junmai Daiginjo
Nanbu Bijin Junmai Daiginjo
Kamotsuru Tokubetsu Junmai
Suigei Tokubetsu Junmai
Nanbu Bijin Tokubetsu Junmai
Fudo Junmai Extra Dry
Born Muroka Nama Genshu
Shochikubai Organic Rice Sake
Kikumasamune Kimoto Junmai
Tengumai Yamahai Junmai
Kikumasamune Taru Sake
MIO Sparkling Sake
Shochikubai Nigori Silky Mild
*Sake will be subject to change depending on availability
Course Location Information
New York Mutual Trading Inc.
Note: Shuttle will be provided from Mutual Trading Kitchen in Manhattan at 7:15 am (711 3rd Ave., New York, NY 10017)
Shuttle Pick-up Location
711 3rd Ave., New York, NY 10017
Note: Shuttle will be provided from Mutual Trading Kitchen in Manhattan at 7:00 am.
Instructor: Timothy Sullivan
Founder, UrbanSake.com, America’s foremost sake website
2007 Sake Samurai, Japan Sake Brewer’s Association
International Sake Sommelier, Sake Service Institute
Certified Sake Educator Level 3, Wine & Spirit Education Trust
Official Brand Ambassador, Hakkaisan Sake Brewery
With his first sip in 2005, Timothy Sullivan simply fell in love with premium Japanese sake. This inspired him to start the first sake blog in the United States: UrbanSake.com, America’s most popular sake blog & education website. His passion for sake has grown this site into America’s leading resource for sake related news, events and education. In 2007, the Japanese Sake Brewer’s Association awarded Sullivan the title of “Sake Samurai” in recognition of his work to promote sake outside of Japan.