Course Date & Time
- August 7, 2017
- 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Where: Miyako Sushi & Washoku School: 843 E. 4th St., Los Angeles, CA 90013
- Exercise 1: What is Sake?
- Exercise 2: Overview of Sake Production
- Exercise 3: Categories and Grades of Sake
- Exercise 4: Introduction to Tasting
- Exercise 5: Making Different Styles of Sake
- Exercise 6: Reading Japanese Kanji
- Exercise 7: Specialty Styles of Sake
- Exercise 8: Storage and Service of Sake
- Exercise 9: Sake and Food
The WSET Level 1 Award in Sake is intended for people who have little or no prior knowledge of sake. It is designed to provide a sound but simple introduction to sake. The qualification will assist those who need a basic familiarity with the main styles and categories of sake, for example people who work with sake as part of a larger beverage portfolio, in retail and hospitality sectors.
Successful candidates will be able to list the principal categories of sake, and state their defining characteristics, and know the key principles involved in the storage and service of sake. They will consequently be in a position to answer customer queries and provide recommendations for the service of sake
- Exam Date: March 13, 2017
- Closed book exam of 30 multiple choice questions
- Bring picture ID to the exam to confirm your identity
Course Location Information
Miyako Sushi & Washoku School
International Sake Sommelier, Sake Service Institute
Level 3 Award in Sake, Wine & Spirit Education Trust
Certified Sake Educator, Wine & Spirit Education Trust
Sake Specialist, Mutual Trading Company, Inc.
Eric’s Sake journey began in 2012 on a trip to Japan with his father. While travelling in Kobe, he was enamored by the history, simplicity, and elegance of Japans national beverage. This sparked a desire in Eric to spread the joys of Sake back home to people in the States. Eric studied with Sake School of America and the Wine & Spirit Education Trust, before getting a job with Mutual Trading Company and finally Sake School of America. Join Eric as he shares his passion for Sake with any and every one that’s willing to lend an ear.