Course Date and Time
WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits Course
Start Date – April 26, 2021 Finish Date – May 23, 2021
- You must be at least 21 years of age to attend the course and to participate in any alcohol tasting.
- Registration deadline is Friday, April 02, 5pm Pacific Time.
The course will be based around a 4-week, 5 module online learning programme with educator support available for this time. The course modules should be followed in sequential order during this 4-week window. The course material should take about 6 hours in total to complete, plus revision time. Regular access and participation in the course online activities is essential for this mode of study.
- The basic principles of spirit production
- The main types and styles of spirits
- How to store and serve spirits
- Factors affecting the flavor of spirits
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)[/toggle]
The WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits assessment is a closed-book examination 30 multiple-choice questions worth one mark each to be completed in 45 minutes. You must achieve a 70% to pass the exam and earn your certificate and pin.
- Is recommended to study at least 1 hour before sitting the Level 1 examniation.
- Your examination date will be provided by your APP once you booked your course.
- Your 45 minute exam must take place after advertised finish date of the course.