We are now offering a HYBRID WSET Level 3 Award in Sake Course. Students will take online and in-person classes.
Please note the exam must be taken in person at our NJ location
What is a Hybrid Course?
Our hybrid course combines 16 hours of online lectures and 16 hours of in-person class learning. On each of the 8 weeks leading up to the in-person class days, we will conduct a two-hour prep class online. Students will be expected to attend all online AND in-person classes. If you have any questions about our hybrid courses, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WSET Level 3 in Sake
Successful candidates will be able to list the principal categories of sake, state their defining characteristics, and know the key principles involved in the storage and service of sake. They will consequently be in a position to answer customer queries and provide recommendations for the service of sake.
In preparation for your upcoming course, please review the online specification provided.
This intensive sake education course is designed to build upon course material taught in the Sake Adviser course. Students without Sake Adviser qualifications are requested to contact us prior to course enrollment.
You must be age 21 or over to take this course and exam.
Course Date and Time
Every Tuesday, May 31 – July 19, 2022 (Online Class)
6:00pm – 8:00pm ET
July 25 – 26, 2022 (In-person Class)
9:00am – 5:00pm ET
July 27, 2022 (Exam)
9:00am – 1:00pm ET
Sake School of America – New York Mutual Trading 77 Metro Way Secaucus, NJ 07094
via Zoom (link will be provided prior to course)
Along with sake lecture and instructions, students will experience 30+ sake samples guided by the instructor to illustrate the variety of key sake styles.
After your registration is completed, be sure to be in contact with Sake School of America administration to arrange your sake sample delivery.
Applicants should possess Sake Adviser qualification or have a strong sake or wine background prior to enrollment in the course.
- You must be age 21 or over to take this course and exam.
- The exam for this course must be taken in person.
- ZOOM login information for online classes will be sent after registration.
- We reserve the right to cancel the class two weeks prior to the date of the course if there is an inadequate number of registrants. In the case of a cancellation, your course fee will be reimbursed (minus the cost of course materials) or you may choose to register for a course at a future date.
- Registration deadline is Friday, May 20th, 5pm ET.
July 27, 2022 (In Person Exam)
9:00am – 1:00pm ET
The exam comprises two parts and lasts 2 hours and 15 minutes overall. Students must pass both parts of the examination paper in order to achieve the Level 3 Award in Sake. Candidates are tested over:
- Theory Exam: a 1 hour and 45 min closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and 3 questions requiring short written responses
- Tasting Exam: a 30 min blind tasting of two sake
Note: Both parts of the examination require a minimum mark of 55% to pass.
- The main techniques that are used in the production of sake and how they influence style and quality
- The principal and specialty categories of sake
- The sake industry and the commercial importance of sake in the Japanese and export markets
- The principles behind the storage, selection, and service of sake
- Overview and hands-on tasting of a select range of sake.
- Students will be given access to the online WSET Level 3 Award in Sake pre-study materials. WSET will contact students by email with online study portal login information.
- Students will be given access to E-books and E-workbook. Physical copies of textbook can be purchased for an additional cost, to order email email@example.com .